Australian Catholic Coalition for Church Renewal
Jesus inspired his disciples to form a community to proclaim and live the Good News of love, justice, equality, self-giving and hope.
The institutional Church has failed to listen to its people, thus alienating many through an emphasis on power, hierarchy and discrimination, with a lack of transparency and accountability. Australian Catholics have a responsibility to act now in ways that reflect the values of the Gospel, the vision of Vatican II and the best values of Australian society.
Our call as disciples is to be:
- a Catholic Church that reflects Jesus' message of love, justice, equality, peace and forgiveness
- a Catholic Church in which all people are directed by their conscience and assume their responsibility for the mission of the Church
- a Catholic Church which inspires its people to recapture an experience of the mystical and the spiritual
- a Catholic Church where God-given authority is used wisely and justly to propagate the teachings of Christ, and respects the role of the People of God
- a Catholic Church where all people, men and women, single and married, minister in a spirit of co-responsibility for the Church
- a Catholic Church that influences Australian society to be ever more just, compassionate and egalitarian.
So far Catholics for Renewal (CFR), Women and the Australian Church (WATAC), Inclusive Catholics (IC), Aggiornamento, Australian Reforming Catholics (ARC) and Catholics Speak Out (CSO) have joined the Coalition.